Anime Alliance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Lacey Edrick
Dominic Edrick III
Train Heartnet
Hina Hikari
8 posters

improving the site,,

Hina Hikari
    Hina Hikari
    The Site's "Little Miss Perfect"

Warning Level :
    improving the site,,  Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4improving the site,,  Right_bar_bleue

Female Posts : 3701
    Ryo : 593716

improving the site,,  Empty improving the site,,

Post by Hina Hikari Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:43 am

alrighty, so this whole Anime alliance needs a major make-over. We need new members, and in order to do that, the admins will have to affiliate with other sites to promote ours. HOWEVER, we can't do that in our current state, so I suggest to clean up some things unnecessary.

1. Scale down the numbers of Villages - we have 9 villages, people, 9! and not everyone of those even have active ninjas/kages. I suggest we scale it down to at least 4 or 5 villages only, as how it should be. Konoha, Suna, Ame, Kaji - the ones with the active kages and ninjas. The rest will be removed. Those ninjas who come from other villages will have to choose a new one instead.

2. Remove the Seireitei 0-14 divisions forum and replace with sticky topics instead on the Seireitei forum. - this way, the whole length of the site is not stretched out because of forums that don't even have posts. The stickies in the Seireitei forum will correspond to each divisions, and we can still RP there if we want to be in a specific division.

3. The Law of Ueki world - is a bit inactive and doesn't have posts, so I suggest we remove it instead.

4. The Ryo Shop category - should be removed first until the admins have their decision whether there should be a Ryo system or not.

5. Character Application templates - should be updated and filled in with more necessary details. I personally can update them if the admins are too tired to update.

6. Advertising - advertising other forums to this site is now banned. Affiliation is accepted though. (Affiliation: advertise in our site, but advertise this site on other forums as well) And should now have prerequisites. The member affiliating should first PM all the admins and get at least 2 approvals before he/she can affiliate.. Also, the members of that site should at least have 100 members. We ask
    this so we can exchange a fair amount of new members to meet between
    our sites.

7. Moderators instead of Admins - I suggest we shouldn't accept any more administrators, but instead, moderators. We already have a 8 admins, which is a pretty pretty huge number for Administrators.

8. Approved Characters/Jutsus/Techs and etc. should be locked - this is to ensure that a member couldn't edit the topic AFTER it had been approved. If he wants to edit, he/she should Pm an admin about which part should be edited, and the admin will be the one to edit.

9. Remove all current plots in the Plot forum and create a new one

10. And Lastly, NEW RULES AND REGULATIONS!! I can put a new list of rules and regulations in the site which would include:

- No One Liner! a minimum of at least 5 proper sentences. ( 'Lol.' or 'appears behind you', is NOT proper.)
    - Multiple accounts. Me and dom had decided that one account can only have a maximum of 2 characters, so if you want to have more than that, you just have to create another account. You can make your characters RP against themselves effectively, and it can minimise confusion between characters of one account. It's up to you. However, I'm sure you won't get stuck RPing with yourself (where's the fun in that?!)
    - 2 worlds. again, me and dom talked about the each character having to have powers on a maximum of 2 worlds. That means you can either be Ninja and Shinigami. Or Alchemist and Tao user. But you cannot have more than two. (yes, I too will have to scale down mine, a lot.XD)
    - And other additional information necessary to improve the quality of RPing. (can't think of one any more. XD. I'll have it some time later anyway.)

so yeah, those are my suggestions. I've been advertising this site on my own sites, (just because I can). XD but now I'll be affiliating/advertising with sites that I'm only a member and not an admin of. So in order to gain more members and have a fun and more exciting RP, I suggest those 10 things above. (I'll be able to think of some later.XD)

I'll be organizing some stuff here and there, so don't be surprised if some OOC forums are missing. I've merged them with another. XD

and don't ask. I'm only doing this now because Kyo's not here to do all the work. >.>

any comments and things you don't agree with, just post below...

Last edited by Hina Hikari on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Train Heartnet
    Train Heartnet
    Kuro Neko

Warning Level :
    improving the site,,  Left_bar_bleue0 / 40 / 4improving the site,,  Right_bar_bleue

Male Libra Dog
    Ryo : 709749

improving the site,,  Empty Re: improving the site,,

Post by Train Heartnet Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:50 am

I kinda was talking out developing my character Hoerukao to have more than just the powers of 2 worlds but to include the powers of most of the active worlds
    Dominic Edrick III
    Dominic Edrick III
    The Destined Child

Warning Level :

Male Capricorn Buffalo
    Ryo : 1339313

Post by Dominic Edrick III Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:12 am

All of Hinas suggestions hit the nail on the head. Some other changes that will need to occur are charge times, cooldowns and ranking of the ability in strength. The larger the strength, the longer the charge and the longer the cooldown. Every ability will have a one post charge at minimum. Meaning, even though you want to create a clone, you cannot make it in the same post as you create the seal. The only instant attacks are taijutsu attacks or throwing projectiles or swinging weaponry.

Also, clones cannot magically appear out of nowhere. They will be created and stated they are created at the time of their creation and you are accountable for posting as the clone until it is destroyed. So no more 15+ clones unless your gonna seriously post for them.

Lastly, time/space jutsu and techs in battle will be decided in the near future. If I can find an effective way to keep them, we will still use them. However, that is something I've been thinking about really cracking down on..
    Train Heartnet
    Train Heartnet
    Kuro Neko

Warning Level :

Male Libra Dog

Post by Train Heartnet Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:16 am

What about the multiple world part? Since when I was considering NOT pursuing anything in the story of Hoerukao and having his sole purpose being Reimaru's plot you talked me out of it and I decided on gathering powers from all the worlds so Hoerukao can be the über villain this site needs and you Dom agreed with that idea
    Hina Hikari
    Hina Hikari

Warning Level :

Post by Hina Hikari Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:18 am

eh? charging and cooldown? Cooldown yes, but charging? don't think so. Jutsus are meant to be instant after all. that's why they have those flicking wrist action when doing the handseals, because it's meant to be fast.
    Hina Hikari
    Hina Hikari

Warning Level :

Post by Hina Hikari Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:20 am

btw, so anyone agree with trimming the villages down and the seireitei divisions?
    Train Heartnet
    Train Heartnet
    Kuro Neko

Warning Level :

Male Libra Dog

Post by Train Heartnet Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:22 am

Honestly the dead villages do need to be trimmed away except for the 5 main villages Konahagakure, Kumogakure, Kirigakure, Sunagakure and Tsuchigakure
    Lacey Edrick
    Lacey Edrick
    The Green Storm

Warning Level :

Female Posts : 77
    Ryo : 15500

Post by Lacey Edrick Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:34 am

With the battle system it will require a one post charge for all jutsu. Strategy will be at a premium this way. At the end of one post you make the handsigns. At the beginning of your next post you activate the jutsu. It will make battles winnable and clean. I've had a few fights under the system and it is very effective. I will be baptism to link the fight in the morning for everyone to read. It will give an idea of how the system will work and how strategic someone will have to be..
    Train Heartnet
    Train Heartnet
    Kuro Neko

Warning Level :

Male Libra Dog

Post by Train Heartnet Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:37 am

Train Heartnet wrote:What about the multiple world part? Since when I was considering NOT pursuing anything in the story of Hoerukao and having his sole purpose being Reimaru's plot you talked me out of it and I decided on gathering powers from all the worlds so Hoerukao can be the über villain this site needs and you Dom agreed with that idea
    I understand that for fairness it should be where 2 worlds maximum but what if in the example listed above in my quote, the point of the character is to be an über villain?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, a 7 line minimum is a little over demanding. I posted an extensive dialogue post and it only took up 3 1/2 lines
    Hina Hikari
    Hina Hikari

Warning Level :

Post by Hina Hikari Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:02 am

yeah, I know.. lol.. I figured 7 is just too much for something that is yet starting.. 5 would be enough.. XD
    Train Heartnet
    Train Heartnet
    Kuro Neko

Warning Level :

Male Libra Dog

Post by Train Heartnet Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:03 am

Nasuke and I think 3 1/2-4 would be a bit more reasonable based on what is being done
    Hina Hikari
    Hina Hikari

Warning Level :

Post by Hina Hikari Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:07 am

wait.. llol. it's not 5 lines. it's 5 sentences.. You can have short sentences that can only take up to 3 or 4 lines.
    Naruhi
    Naruhi
    Anime Alliance Diplomat & Evil Mastermind

Warning Level :

Male Pisces Goat
    Ryo : 410675

Post by Naruhi Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:08 am

oh lol, 5 sentences lol
    Train Heartnet
    Train Heartnet
    Kuro Neko

Warning Level :

Male Libra Dog

Post by Train Heartnet Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 am

Sentences yeah that is a good amount. I still haven't received input on the Hoerukao über villain thing
    Hina Hikari
    Hina Hikari

Warning Level :

Post by Hina Hikari Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:56 pm

alright, so now we have to choose which villages will be retained.

Konoha and Suna would be two.. Ame seems to be a popular spot too. and now we still need 1 or 2 more.
    Train Heartnet
    Train Heartnet
    Kuro Neko

Warning Level :

Male Libra Dog

Post by Train Heartnet Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Kumo since the kage is active
    Lacey Edrick
    Lacey Edrick
    The Green Storm

Warning Level :

Female Posts : 77
    Ryo : 15500

Post by Lacey Edrick Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 am

Kajigakure due to Keitaro being active
    Ravine Waters
    Ravine Waters
    Akatsuki Founder/Medical Princess/Owner of teh Puppy

Warning Level :

Female Posts : 3190
    Ryo : 495742

Post by Ravine Waters Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:38 am

oh lol :))
    now i dont know what to do...... *head hurts xD
    Hina Hikari
    Hina Hikari

Warning Level :

Post by Hina Hikari Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:40 am

don't worry. just follow the flow. XD
    Tupac
    Tupac
    The Ultimate Swordsman/Fire Master/Reaper

Warning Level :

Male Aquarius Rooster
    Ryo : 349190

Post by Tupac Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:38 am

i gotta say this sounds good. also sorry i havent been on alot guys school takes alot out of me so i just try to rest when i get home.
    Hina Hikari
    Hina Hikari

Warning Level :

Post by Hina Hikari Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:44 am

don't worry, Senko.. it's already my 2 months vacation here in Aus, so I'll try to improve the site as much as I can.. XD
    Ravine Waters
    Ravine Waters
    Akatsuki Founder/Medical Princess/Owner of teh Puppy

Warning Level :

Female Posts : 3190
    Ryo : 495742

Post by Ravine Waters Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:16 pm

i need to go with the flow.. okay. got it :))

wooooshhh xDDD
    need to get my game on :)
    Zetsu99
    Zetsu99
    Teh Site's "Epic Pigeon"

Warning Level :

Male Aries Buffalo
    Ryo : 168823

Post by Zetsu99 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Hina Hikari wrote:Konoha and Suna would be two.. Ame seems to be a popular spot too. and now we still need 1 or 2 more.
    I take full credit for Ame being a popular spot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 am